Saturday, June 5, 2010

1st Yard Sale ~GNO~ & Grass!

Amanda came up with the idea to have a neighborhood yard sale soon before the upcoming baby arrivals enter the world for her and Brooke! I honestly did not think that this was something that I would be apart of for a couple reasons. One, we just moved in last Fall and I was pretty sure that I gave away everything that I would not want to bring over into our new home and probably a bit more considering we have yet to purchase another dinning room table... and two, I am very much an anti clutter wife that there is no way that I would have anything to sell nor have I ever tried to sell anything before. It was always easier to make the trips to the DI and drop it off. So I told Fran a few weeks ago or so while she was "decluttering" their Draper home. It was a few runs to the DI short but she had a few things towards the end of the move. To my surprise, Chris and I decided to also sell a few items in our home last minute. So here I am, ready for my first yard sale experience! Tuesday evening Amanda had all that were participating come over to help make signs and pitch in for the paper etc. She had treats and it was great socializing time! I am excited and received a few pointers!

Friday night was an official GNO evening with a great turn out which surprised me because of the yard sale the following morning. I know that I was not the only one still needing to pull things together. After meeting at Amy's we carpooled over to Koi for dinner in American Fork. Christina and I had a meal split for us for two reasons: One the large noodle dish portion sizes and two, I always share a meal with Chris and she can't finish hers either. Mental note, this would be a perfect return on a date with Chris :) After spending a couple hours eating and socializing, we traveled over to the dollar store for treats and finished the night at the movies for Letters to Juliet. It was half and half on likes vs. dislikes... I however love chick flicks with little expectations so I was happily entertained surrounded with good company :)

Today was the BIG day! Chris and I woke up a little late but thanks to my wonderful husband, he already tagged all our items with prices last night so I just needed to put it all in the car to take over to Cassie's since we both did not have much to sell. Cassie's mother and brother/wife also joined us so together we had quit the selection for buyers! It was a ton of fun, we all got a little too much sun but luckily, Cassie's home faced West so we were shaded by the morning sunrise. Chris and I made more than enough which made the whole thing worth it since I had to do it myself while he worked on the retaining wall filling it with dirt and rock. The time flew by so I almost forgot my nail appointment at 1:15 for a fill but made it just in time. Chris however had to stay at our house for the laying of the saud! Yep, our Sprinklers were finished yesterday along with prepping the ground so they returned to lay our saud which was delivered this morning! It was last minute which caused a crazy busy day! I can't believe it all worked out in the end but now we get to enjoy having grass and a decluttered home again!

No comments: