Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Off we go..

Just when you think all is good, we have a curve thrown at us... On our way home from work Monday Chris and I were one of the "lucky" ones to hit one of the many pot holes on the freeway :( I decided to take this "opportunity" to step outside to help/watch how to replace a flat tire while I had Chris at hand. After all, I have never experienced a popped tire before so I never new if it would be something I could do or not. Well, a half an hour later just as we wrap up we quickly discover that our car wont start... yep! Just our luck! Lucky for us, Josh came to our rescue, another car hits the same pot hole we did and pulls right in front of us. Only thing different was that our battery was punctured in the jolt hitting the pot hole. Josh let us sit in his warm truck while we arranged a tow truck driver to come and take our Honda to the repair shop. Fortunately for us, we were carpool buddies again with Ancestry being located in Orem and I still in Provo so with the generous help of the Whitchurch's, we had the Expedition for transportation :) While being faced with this unfortunate expense around the holidays, I can honestly say it still worked out for us to repair it and get a new tire before we left!

So, here we are now... at the airport you can see little Milo in his sweet new carry on bag! He did so fantastic on the plane!! We ended up with a 2-3 hour delay which landed us in San Fran around 1pm. We had to feed Milo some melon at the airport with his lack of energy but I couldn't have asked for a better dog to take with us on vacation!

No comments: