Saturday, March 5, 2011

First timers...

Yesterday was a pretty sad day for me when we woke up to Milo throwing up... It was the saddest thing when he would suddenly look at me and then try running off to the next room while his body would pulse in preparation of throwing up which appeared to be stomach acid. He wouldn't eat and I couldn't make him drink any water. After the 7th time in a row, I called Chris at work to let him know what was happening. After having to put my hands under his mouth to avoid the carpets if I could quickly get him to the hard floors, I decided to leash him to our bathroom tub so that I could spend the day sitting by him. About 2:30 in the afternoon Milo had thrown up 16x :( I felt helpless as I tried giving him comfort. As I cleaned up the last "spill" Dorothy called to see if Avery could come over. Avery is Milo's friend in our neighborhood (she was the first to meet him last October the day Chris brought Milo home and carved pumpkins together) and it had been a couple days since we had last stopped by to play. I honestly didn't think Milo would have any energy and I told them that he is sick and we would be in the bathroom but the moment that they came, Milo was as good as new. He loves Avery and I couldn't contain him. So I thought I would let them play a little. It was a beautiful day so we all went on a short walk around the neighborhood and Milo did great. I let Avery hold Milo's leash when Chris called for an update. While I was on the phone, I didn't realized that Avery was picking up speed to keep up with Milo's desire to go faster. When Dorothy told Avery to slow down, Avery who is 3, yelled back saying, "I can't, Milo is making me run!" We both laughed before I ran up to grab the leash. Dorothy was pushing Wes in the stroller. Avery did great once we told her that she could pull back on Milo's leash to slow him down. :) For the rest of the day, Milo didn't throw up so we decided not to take him to the vet but keep a close eye on him to see if it continues at all.

So today, we decided to go on with our plans to ski up at the Canyons in Park City. This was my first time skiing and Chris' first in 7 years or so. We woke up a little later than planned but made it to the resort around 10am, purchased rental gear and ski's before spending the day up on the mountain. Chris was a great and very patient teacher! I hate going into things without having a clue on what it is I am doing. My experience with snowboarding wasn't all that fun so I was hesitant with skiing. I did okay on my first trip down the bunny slope but I still hated the fact that I did not have any control over my speed or stopping. I would just fall down to stop lol. So the second time down was when I decided to make myself figure the whole thing out. That was a little frustrating and I am sure it was for Chris too but it must have worked because after the second run down, it all clicked and I had no more falls till I went down the blue square trail! I fell 3x going down the mountain and it was all do to me panicking. I new the bunny slope route but I had no idea what was around the corner etc. on the blue square trail. We skied till about 3pm when we decided to eat at their cabin. Once we sat down with our food, we realized how exhausted we were and quickly decided that we had enough fun. Chris and I had so much fun and I would love to ski! We are trying to find new things that we can do together so thank you Ancestry for the FREE ski passes and to Thanksgiving Meadows for the gift card that paid for our food and rental gear!

We finished the day off with Dorothy and Justin. They share a love for poker along with Chris so I thought this would be a great opportunity to learn and share another experience with Chris. Another way to let him know I love him. I ended up learning it and having a great time playing Texas Holdem, yay!

1 comment:

Whitchurch Family said...

I loved that you are sharing more things with me. It makes me so happy. Thank you love.
-Chris