Friday, December 12, 2008

A Promotion!!!

Today started out like any other work day. I worked until I was ready for my first 15 min. break around 10:30 and went over to the design department to get Chris. His boss, Lance Card yelled across the way that he needed to talk to him right after his return from break since I already snagged him! I did not think much of it, thinking it was work related.

After our return from the Macy's grocery store to get our usual drinks and snacks I got to my desk and I opened up a new company email that came in. It was on Chris' promotion from a Team Lead to the Supervisor! My first thoughts were not of complete udder excitement but instead..."I can't believe he didn't say anything to his own wife, I was just on break with him and he did not say anything!!!!" So I locked my computer again and marched my way over and said, You did not even tell me!... My poor husband had no idea what I was talking about and I could sense his boss snickering from behind pretending to type away at his desk. Unfortunately, Chris had just been told to read his emails right as I came over since the inter company was already notified. So he read the email but Lance was playing along as if Chris really did know and kept the good news from his own wife lol... If you know Lance then you know there was no way of him passing up this grand opportunity to mess with Chris by stirring things up for a perfectly good marriage knowing that I believed Chris over him anyway lol!

All in all, it was a great day for Chris as everyone congratulated him on his totally unexpected promotion! Chris is a hard hard worker and has so much potential with his dedication and talent. He his a valuable employee and I am grateful that HIT sees what I see in my husband!

No comments: