Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!



Today will always be a tender day for me as we celebrate our mother's for the reason that Chris and I have the two most incredible mom's! I can go on and on about all the reasons why we have the best mom's but words can't even do the job.
Knowing that I would not be able to see my mom on this day of recognition, I have given her a lot of thought thinking of all the memories I have with her this past week. I decided to put a collage of pictures together since I realized I had all of my childhood pictures leaving my mother with very few. As I began putting these together, I realized that putting my mother's collage was harder than my dad's for this upcoming Father's Day. The reason for this is my dad was apart of particular events due to him working long hours providing for the family while my mother has been in my everyday life activities. My mom never missed anything that involved her children and I was her best friend who cleaned the house with her, went grocery shopping, school shopping for myself and siblings, Christmas shopped and to Christmas bazaar's, all sporting events, Young Women's through Relief Society and enrichment nights to the everyday homework for school and activities/trips to the Zoo or Beach and etc. I grew up hoping to be just like her! My mother was more important to me than any other girlfriend or guy friend growing up because she really was my very best friend. We never did go through the teenage phase that pulled us apart. My mother is still the most loving patient person I know. I still hope to be just like her as she has continued to be an incredible example of the women our Heavenly Father would want us to be. As I have seen her and my dad go through their journey in life, today they till go hand in hand to the Temple several times a week while fulfilling her duty as a mother and wife. I can't tell you how important her faith has been to me and the blessings that it has brought to our family and myself. I will always have the memory of having my mom with me on four particular important days of my life being my Baptism day, when I received my Patriarchal Blessing, when I was Endowed and on my Wedding day! For that I am forever grateful!

Fran has also been just as wonderful. I have developed a love just as strong as the love I have for my mother. She too was as good to her children, loving them unconditionally and cherishing Chris more then anything! Although I married into her family, Fran and I also have a special bond that has enabled me to feel as if I am one of her own! We wish you both a very happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: