Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our MOVE!!!

After Chris and I closed on our house, we were able to sign off our "last minute touches" and retrieve our house keys Thursday!!! Bless our neighbors hearts or shall I say soon to be neighbors! Stephanie and Derek were so willing to join us in our excitement! Chris and I wanted to take advantage of our time off work to go to the Post Office to sign off for our mailbox keys and the City Hall to set up our delivery of our garbage cans etc... while they picked up their fathers truck so that we could pick up all of our purchases at Furniture Row which included our new king size bed frame, mattress/box frame, 2 night stands and 2 full size couches! If that wasn't enough, they also helped us pick up some of our 'big' things from Chris' parents home where we were staying for the last 2 months. It was so enjoyable and to have our new friends hanging out with us was a treat! Chris and I had work the next day but we could not stop, so I we went back for everything else just leaving a change of cloths which we did not end up using because we wore ourselves out and we fell asleep on our bed after we finished setting it up with no sheets or blankets! It was really not all that fun waking up cold in our cloths and not realizing what we did until we woke up for work with only 4 hours of sleep and not the good sleep!

Well we finished our 8 hours of work Friday to rush home right at 5pm to finish unpacking all the things we had brought over! We remembered that we left everything that was in the closet so we went back to the Whitchurch's with the intent of sleeping over there for one more night since we had no blankets or sheets but we stayed up late with our errands and setting up the wall mount for our TV and fell asleep once again at 2 am freezing!!! I wish I could have been upset for not learning our lesson from the night before but I was sure happy it worked out that way because we woke up to the driver of RC Willey delivery for our front loaders and refrigerator at 7am on the dote! We ended up being their first drop which was super exciting news for me since this meant that I could go with Chris to pick up the rental truck! Well, after we were sent from one U-Haul location to a further U-Haul location, we finally got a rental to meet up with are wonderful friends and family who took the time to help us move out of the storage unit we rented. I think we broke record time because it only took the 12 of us 45min. to load and unload our stuff!!! Chris and I can't say THANK YOU enough to express the gratitude we have for all of those who volunteered to help! It made our move so easy and fast!!! I loved having my brother Tyrel with me during this time and as always, Chris' family was all there with their help and support through this whole thing! We enjoyed having our good friends Dustin and Andrea with little Avery (it was just shy of a year when we were helping them move into their first home) and my good friend Jennifer who was also with us when we moved into our little 1100sqft apartment 2 years ago!

After everyone ate pizza and eventually lingered off, Chris and I had the chance to return the rental truck before 3pm with half of our things unpacked and put away before we decided to take a break on our wonderful new couches! Then a break turned into a "short" nap to us not waking up for 15 hours which lead into Sunday morning!!! Were we exhausted??? I think that two days of 4 hours each night with a move tipped us over the edge into hibernation LOL!!! I think I was in High school the last time I slept that long without waking up! Good news was our couches past the "test" and we were able to wake up refreshed :) Later that afternoon, Chris and I finished unpacking the second half of our stuff! Yep, in 2 days we had everything in place with the pictures hung and with the company of our friends Stephanie and Derek :)

No comments: