Thursday, October 1, 2009

House Update!


Here we are... the days are not only flying by for Chris and I but for Chris' family as well. As they see the progress they to are counting down the days that we will be out of the house which will cause a level of sadness/goodness as well. Chris and I have loved being at the Whitchurch's home for the last month 1/2 developing a closer relationship with the girls and filling Fran's home with more family members :) Maybe it is the knowledge of their need to move to California that makes it hard. Family has always been very important to me so when we found out that James' new position at work has been transferred to California, it was so devastating to me. The thought that the only family I had in Utah was leaving and we just contracted into a home created a feeling of abandonment and sadness. I felt stuck here and my only hope now is that my family moves closer to us and quickly :0) The Whitchurch's have brought me in and have made me feel so at home over the last 3 years that the couple years of being alone here in Utah evaporated but I reflected right back to those empty feeling that I had before I met Chris when James told me they have to move. I am coming to grips with the idea knowing how hard it is for both James living out in Cali and only seeing us on the weekends and for Fran who will be away from us all other then Britt but what has really helped me is knowing that they will be retiring here in Utah so there is hope for their return while we use there place as a vacation spot ha ha ;) I also remembered that Chris is my family and having him in my life has brought me much joy and much strength to endure life lessons we face and will be facing in the future.

On another note, the house has completely skyrocketed towards completion! Since our last update of the tile etc., the cabinets and counter tops have been installed, the concrete has been completed for the driveway, patio and steps including plastering, the shower and garden tubs cultured marble was done in the master bathroom with the shower frame, the granite kitchen was completed with the installation of the appliances that we purchased from them, all the hardware was put in along with the mirrors, the painters came back to touch up and fill in the cracks between the walls and baseboards, the plumbers came back to install the sinks and toilets so we now have running water and light because the electricians came back to install the light fixtures throughout the home so we don't have to walk through the home with our iPhone LOL! Now your thinking what we are thinking.....'what's left?' Well the closing date is 2 weeks away and all that we can think of is installing the garage door and painting the garage door and front door, the weather strip for the front door, installing the carpet and installing the speakers for our audio system which will be done next I believe, they will grind up the dirt around the house, oh and the cleaning crew comes in to make it spic n' span! Anything else I am missing???

3 comments:

shelby said...

I had no idea that James is transferring to California! That makes me so sad to know they are leaving! I love their family! Well we are here, and we would love to see you more often! You will live a bit closer to us. Your house sounds gorgeous! You will have to invite us over to celebrate its completion! :)
Call us we miss you two!

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

that is way sad that fran and james are moving!! it is sad that we dont get to see you guys more often...it seems like as our families have gotten older it just gets harder to get together!!pictures, i want to see pictures!!! it sounds like your house is going to be increadible!!! i am so excited for you guys and your house!!!

Whitchurch Family said...

Lyndsay, I got you a couple pictures but we will just need to have you all over :) Ya, James has been working in Cali for 3 months so its hard not having him during the week. I know they are not wanting to sell their home here because they will be back in forth and they want to let Annie finish her senior year which is why James is doing the travel thing but Fran and Britt will move after the school year is over :( Chris and I will be counting on our extended family so we hope to get together often :)