Sunday, November 1, 2009

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!!!

Our first Halloween just 2 weeks into our home with a trip in between equals forgetting to decorate and prepare ourselves for the holiday...YIKES! So Chris and I spent the Saturday taking care of errands and purchasing a BIG Happy Halloween sign that lite up so that people new to come trick or treat at our newly developed neighborhood! It worked enough to catch the attention of all the children living around us witch equaled out to 5 families ha ha but non the less it was super fun to see all the little children dressed up while we chose to be productive by putting on the cabinet hardware, well Chris did and he did wonderful! :)

Earlier in the day Chris and I joined Fran to look at one of the model homes they are thinking of building...Yep! This means that James and Fran decided to also build in the same neighborhood just down the street from us!!! Chris and I are super excited about this because we LOVE the idea of having them SO close to us with all the changes happening. The plan as of now is to have Aaron, Josh and Annie stay at the house here while they are going to school and of course have a home James, Fran and Britt can return to every month or so (if we are lucky) while James finishes his career in California till retirement can take place. It has been the only option that felt right so we are all trusting that it all works out and that their current home will be able to sell at the price they need. Anyway, so Fran flew out after this so Chris and I chose to finish our Halloween night over at the Whitchurch home to be with Britt. Annie, Josh and Aaron were also home which we did not expect but we were so happy to see! We ate Fran's famous taco soup and watched a scary movie of Chris/Britt's choice!!! I was of course scared out of my mind and kept my eyes closed during 3/4 of the movie so when Chris and I came home I watched a happy feel good movie so that I can go to sleep in ease :)

We hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween! We loved receiving a picture of little Hallie in her cute witch costume! I decided I need to make sure I do better next year and get dressed up to support Chris and his love for Halloween :)

2 comments:

Whitchurch Family said...

Thanks for your support. It is so fun when you dress up for Halloween. :)

Whitchurch Family said...

Ha ha! I have only dressed up the one year you made my costume!!! I guess I was a pretty cute Tinkerbell :)