Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our productive week...


I have been really bad about getting our address changed with everyone but I can finally say that I got around to it! Last Tuesday we received our intercom system so we have a doorbell and we can chat in between rooms now ha ha! The intercom I think has bee Chris' favorite thing to set up of all the tasks I have had him do such as the hardware on the cabinets which started out tricky last week but we finally got it rolling when we made a trip back to Home Depot for a VERY useful tool that cost $2 but it made ALL the difference for Chris!!!

On Thursday, I stayed late for work so Chris decided to make a trip to Lowe's near by which lead to the grand purchase of our outside Christmas lights!!! It was so fun to see what he decided on and we went with the icicle snow flake lights! I feel SO lucky to be married to someone who LOVES Christmas as much as I do! In fact, Chris was in the mood and we couldn't help but notice the warm night that night. We fell into our temptation to hang up the lights before we faced the biter cold weather. If any of you know me, I hate the cold. I have come to the grips of accepting the fact that I will always feel cold but I would not want to volunteer to be colder if I had an alternative so I think I am hooked! I have never experienced such a pleasant experience hanging up the lights! It made all the difference to make it SO enjoyable even though it may seem funny to have them up! :)

For date night Friday we went to Home Depot LOL :) and Costco for a Christmas wreath and an incredible blender that we were suckered into purchasing! Chris and I just could not believe that a blender could make ice cream and then hot soup right after each other not to mention the two of us are BIG soup, smoothie, dip fans along with being snack eaters over meal eaters! Chris has been non stop with the use of our new blender which is really fun. Who new that a blender would get HIM in the kitchen ;)

Yesterday Chris and I went to the design studio with Fran to help her pick out her interior choices for their house! On the way back, Chris and I ran some much needed errands and ended up finishing the night with our friends Derek and Stephanie! I took Stephanie to Tai Pan where I bought some beautiful plates and bowls with the help of Chris :) and then we ended the night with a movie!

Today Chris and I received a calling in our ward to be the Young Single Adult representatives! We are super excited for this opportunity and joked around the dinner table a bit with the idea of checking up on Aaron, Josh and Annie when their house is completed this Spring!

4 comments:

Whitchurch Family said...

I love you sweety. You exciting words make the experience even better.

Alexis said...

It sounds like you have been busy! It was so cute when Kaden saw the picture of your house he said, "Mom, I like that house. I want to go there. Can we go there after school?" So funny! Maybe we can get a tour on Thanksgiving...hint, hint!

Anonymous said...

It's so cool hearing about all your house experiences! One day I will have them too hopefully!

Whitchurch Family said...

We would LOVE to have you over :) That is the cutest thing, Kaden is a sweet kid! I also see that my husband hopped on our blog ha ha! We really were so so busy in October. I am happy it's over even though it was all good things! I am ready for the holidays now!!! Thanksgiving my family will be here so it will be hard to go to the Whitchurch's but I am more than happy to have more visitor's checking out the house :)