Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First snow fall of the season ~

Our new snow flake Christmas lights only lasted a week in our windy area :( So sadly enough after seeing them all in our gutter, Chris and I decided to take them down, pack them nicely back in their boxes to purchase the standard Christmas light bulbs. We had a couple hours before my cousins baptism so we thought we had enough time to rush to Lowe's for the return to find that while we were searching for new Christmas lights that a snow storm or shall I say blizzard (with our Lehi winds) had started. I couldn't find any that I liked and the larger clips were sold out so we decided to opt out on them for now. The traffic dramatically slowed down with the weather conditions so by the time we made it back to our house to see if the baptism was still "on" and then change of course. I was left with only 30 min. to change and get up to Murray. Chris did not feel good about risking the drive and checked the freeway to find that there were two accidents between our house and Murray :( I was so sad and disappointed to not be able to support my Aunt Cindy and her youngest son who is 20 I believe be baptized.... This put a real damper on my day so I decided to go out anyway to at least meet up with Ashton afterwords. Chris would not let me go out alone so he came with but then we received a call from my Aunt to let me know that he had work at 5 and she needed to take him to get his haircut first. talk about bummer news! Not to mention that my older brother and his wife could not make it either coming from Ogden up North :( I wish still that we could have given him the support that family should offer but even more so I hope it was special and memorable day for my cousin Ashton as he continues down a wonderful path in his life.

The upside of Saturday was after we found out that seeing my Grandpa, Aunt Cindy and Ashton was out of the picture. Chris and I decided that while we were out, we would finish the errands that were needed. We were able to pick up my sister Abby's birthday gifts and the Christmas gifts for my family so that we could send them back with them when they are in town next week! The snow did make it difficult at first but it slowed down as we came closer to the later evening. Chris was also able to pick up a new game for the xbox which was just in time for a incoming call from his friend Spencer who is also a gamer :) Spencer and Nat then decided to come over to visit a bit before Natalie needed to go to work. They also brought over p90x for us to try! I am happy to say that we have already worked out more then last year.....which might I add was not hard to do since I only used my gym membership ONCE last year. So when it came back to renewing another year this week I decided to give it another try :0/ So far I am already on day 3 ha ha!

While the Whitchurch's were in California over the weekend it was perfect timing to have Spencer and Natalie come back for Sunday dinner following some card game playing and socializing (Chris' favorite)! Natalie then discovered that I am capable of doing hair so she decided to come back Tuesday for some blond highlights :) It turned out great and she loved it which always makes me feel good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's neat your cousin got baptized. I bet your having so much fun with your new house!