Saturday, December 12, 2009

PARTY PARTY!





The neighbor girls have been so so sweet and inviting of everyone as we slowing build more homes therefore adding more neighbors. October we all met up at Erika's in our pajamas and slippers to go on a late night run to JCW's for some ice cream and social interaction! November, we met up at Brooke's place to do a craft of the Christmas day countdown. I did not purchase a kit since there was so much going on with having my family over the Thanksgiving holiday and then the fact that I have one already but I did make some treats to socialize with the other women which was great fun! We have 12-14 of us that show up which = good times! We decided to all go to Chili's yesterday before everyone gets carried away with the Christmas festivities and even then only 10 of us could make it. We talked for hours as usual and just enjoyed the time of being with one another. More than half of the women in the neighborhood have children which are under the age of 6 so it is their cure to have adult interaction ;) It is still weired to not be with Chris for the 3-4 hours that we usually spend chatting, eating or whatever but he really enjoys having me come home updating him on all the latest lol! It's funny because Chris and I spend every waking moment together which does not give us much to talk about when it comes to daily activity so these "GNO's" spices things up a bit ;) After we were done with Chili's, I road back with Stephanie because we needed to paint our sweaters for the party!Chris and I had purchased a pink and then a white sweater from the DI Thursday night and then Stephanie and Derek purchased a plain red and white one at Walmart. They all turned out great! Chris and I did candy can stripes on ours :)

Friday night was our neighborhood party night! Amanda and her husband Jared planned a Ugly Sweater Christmas party which of course the whole neighborhood came to and participated in which was fantastic! There was GREAT food/treats and games! We did white elephant gag gifts! Chris and I wrapped up a semi useful computer parts and then I wrapped up an extra toaster that we got as a wedding gift. We voted on the best/worst ugly sweaters and etc. The exchange was by far my favorite! Chris ended up with a men's extra large thong and then I got some "Man Hunter" piece with a zebra print hand bag! Well, we were so "excited" for our gifts that when we and Stephanie/Derek let Amanda's party we took them right over to Sara and Cody's Vintage Gingerbread Party which to had a white elephant exchange! I have to say that between the four of our gifts, that they were major hits and we left the party with more "useful" gifts haha! I had some cute pictures for a kitchen and then Chris ended up with some lotion's from VS that he passed over to me lol! Around 1am we felt partied out and ended the night with a Christmas movie!

We woke up Saturday morning so so tiered because we had our Whitchurch family pictures scheduled :/ They did however turn out great! We just used Chris' camera/tripod so that he could be in them. We barely mad it before the light rainfall came our way. Enough turned out that Fran and James were able to pick one for the Christmas cards that were ordered through Costco online! I am so doing our own next year! I had no idea it was so inexpensive and fast! Fran was able to order 50 for $14 and have them ready the following business day.

No comments: