Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Root Canal...

Some have already had the pleasure in viewing this beautiful picture of me getting a root canal! Chris' mother said it best, "Chris captures our best moments!" but how could I get upset! Yes, he did post it on facebook for the world to see, but he created good laughs in the dental office. I mean, the dentist was not going to get in Chris' way of taking a "great" picture as I lay helpless without being able to speak up for myself. So why can this not get to me? Chris has been so wonderful and supportive! I couldn't have asked for more.... Chris and I went in for a cleaning Tuesday and this is where it got me :(

Chris had the first appointment at 7am with mine following at 7:30am. Chris decided to gift me with teeth whitening while I was finishing up my appointment (which we both have wanted to do for sometime). I come out with a couple cavities from my old fillings....one tooth had a crack that had been causing decay underneath so they asked if I wanted to take care of it while I was already there to put a partial crown on for half my tooth. We proceeded to do so to find that my nerve was exposed before he could remove all the decay, bla... So he covered it up and two days later I am here getting a root canal :( I can only blame myself for the pain that I am going through for not going to the dentist in over 3 years! If only, I would like to think that we could have caught it before... Anyway, it is not over, I feel as if I was slugged in the face because my cheek is killing me!!! I have to go back on Tuesday for the mold of the partial crown and of course a 4th appointment on March 2nd to finish it up. I am so sad about this because I did not want to put all this money into fixing my mouth that I apparently thought had "no problems."

No comments: