Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This Valentine's was special for several reasons. Yesterday, Chris and I went to our usual favorite, Chili's because it reminds us of the first day we met. Or at least that was the place I picked that morning when Chris kindly asked where I would want to have dinner. Luckily Chris got home from work at a decent hour so that we could get ahead of the rush that night due to Chili's not taking reservations but before we left, I gave Chris a card and his favorite cookies that I made, oatmeal raisin and snicker doodle with a batch of my own chocolate dipped strawberries which he loved! It was a great evening, we even got to window shop a bit while we waited for our table. We went to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a plastic pitcher since the glass one that we got for our wedding had broke. Chris had also mentioned that we were going to also go out to dinner the next day which would be a surprise! With the flowers, notes of gratitude ,an email expressing his love for me, our marriage and the life that we have lived with a surprise dinner date to come while being out on a date Valentine's Day made me feel so special and thankful!

When today came, I got all dolled up again for our mysterious date! We drove up to downtown Salt Lake and entered the parking garage under the Joseph Smith building which lead us to the restaurant located at the top called The Roof. It was the most perfect location and evening! It is a beautiful all you can eat buffet with a pianist that played the most beautiful songs! It was a clear night. Our table was across from the Temple view with the city lights surrounding and then of course another beautiful bouquet of red and purple roses on our very own table! Chris enjoyed watching every thought on my face as I noticed the flowers and quickly looked around at ever other table around us to see that there were no other bouquets. It took a minute for me to realize that they were specially made and placed at our table for me from my dear husband! We took our time and enjoyed our surrounding! Chris mentioned that the restaurant was booked on Valentines so he made me think I got to pick Chili's for Valentines Day when this was really what he wanted to do for me. It was absolutely perfect and I am so grateful to have my Forever Valentine!

No comments: