Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day at Heritage Web Design

So here I am! Chris and I went through my crash course and yesterday I came in for my "interview" with Matt who was over Tech Support and Updates. I had heard so much of Matt but I had only met him twice before at the summer company parties. I new Chris really enjoyed his friendship and wanted us to hang out with him more but that was about it. The pressure was on for me since I new I was in Chris' territory. Everyone thought so highly of my husband and like everyone, he was totally adored a work. Now I am here and I am the complete opposite of Chris in the "computer world."
The interview went well and it was a joke at the same time! I practically bypassed HR until they forced an interview after I was hired? At that point, I thought I made it through but then I was set for the typing test and the other quiz to figure out just ho much I really new. Well, to say the least, I impressed management since there expectations were set so low LOL! They were just hoping that I could type 5 wpm and to say the least, I was able to exceed ha ha! I then had lunch with all of the managers and one of the owners of the company experiencing a few laughs and off I went to take my pee test to make sure I don't do drugs LOL! It was great because I had the rest of the day to run errands and pick up my last check and etc. before I needed to start work as the new Updates Admin tomorrow morning.
When Chris came home, he was the happiest boy alive! He finally got his wife to come into his world and we had this grand opportunity to spend so much more time together!

No comments: