Monday, September 8, 2008

Last day at Central

After our return from New York, I was so dreading the return for work Monday morning :( I worked at Central for nearly 3 years and was so done with the unhappy customer's and the boredom that made my 10 hour work days drag out for eternity. Especially when they removed my lunch since everyone dreaded covering for me. Yes, that will tell you a little about how hard it was to put on a happy face while the customer's are screaming at you because someone hit them which caused such an inconvenience and/or they hit someone which costs them an arm and a leg that they don't have.
Don't get me wrong, I loved it for the first year and a half - two years when all the great people were still around the office but the atmosphere quickly turned when I was the last LDS person there. I soon had a hard time working with the employees that I could not relate to in any way shape or form and carried such a negative vibe with them. It was easy to take on the beating from the customer's when you had the coworkers backing you up with a positive atmosphere but once everyone turned so negative, it was so hard for me to want to continue working at Central.
I feel that it was such a blessing for me to be let go for reasons that a should not say to benefit the company. I still have respect for my manager and the owner of the company which was why I could not bare leaving until they did not need me any longer. The car industry is so bad with the fall of the economy and they paid me really good so I new that I would be one of the first cuts in the company when they could so easily pay a girl $9-10 an hour to do what I did. Even then, I could not have left them until they made the decision so I am again so happy to be released from that burden and begin with a new environment!
Right after I was let go, I called Chris to tell him, it was crazy cause I told him on a break early that morning that I hated being back but I felt that I was going to be done with it. Anyway, he comforted me and was happy for me since he new I did not like work. He told his friend Matt who was another Manager at Heritage that I was now jobless so he said that he would hire me today! I was so so nervous because Chris has been trying to get me there for a year now but I was so unsure of the whole working together thing. I hated the thought that it would be hard on our marriage and I also did not want to let him or our friend Matt down with my lack of computer skills. Chris told me that the moment us working together begins to not work he would let me look elsewhere but loved every thought of having us car pool together and have lunch together! I then said okay, but I had to take a crash course from Chris this very night before I came in to work the following day for the interview. So here we go..........

No comments: