Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christmas Decorations~



It's that time of year again! The time that I wait all year for :) Okay, so I may not have been very good at waiting which may be why people are thinking that it is a bit early to pull out the Christmas decorations and on any given normal year, Chris would agree but this year I talked it into him for the reason that we will not be home for half of December to enjoy the Christmas decorations. We will be in Florida this year and Chris and I are super excited but it will also not be the same. To help fix that, we are celebrating early with the Whitchurch family and then Chris and I will do our Christmas when we return from Florida after Christmas.
So we pulled out our decorations and went to town once we pulled out the music and baked some cookies that ended burning since I apparently cant do both at the same time :-/ I was so excited to expand our decorations! We were able to buy a Nativity set from Costco that is absolutely beautiful!!! Chris took on that job and displayed it perfectly on our dinning room table after he set up our tree in the front room. It was pleasant and the music adds to the evening and to my surprise, Chris had already completed my shopping so there were wrapped presents under the tree! He is truly the best Santa I know! Two years in a row he has not failed me :)
I am really excited for this time of year and the peace and joy it brings into my heart! I love having a Nativity scene that reminds me of the true purpose of Christmas!

No comments: