Saturday, May 15, 2010

Heber Canyon & the Bees!



The Relief Society Retreat up Heber Canyon was a last minute decision as Chris strongly encouraged me to go and get out with the girls! So we rushed home from work Friday, I changed and got my personal things together while Chris packed my bag with my sleeping bag/camping gear while any minute, the neighbor girls were to picked me up at my doorstep. Well, it all worked out until we arrived and there was still snow on the ground! I new than that I was in trouble. I had no idea what Chris packed but being the packer he is, he did packed the basics without the many extra layers that I would need facing SNOW! I have to say that "if" I were to ever go again, I will be bringing my own personal heater! Each cabin had a mini and I mean mini heater that did absolutely nothing! Our cabin consist of Myself, Joanne, Holly, Christina, Brooke who was pregnant and Melissa! Erika was kind enough to sleep in her car with her husband who was one of the priesthood holders that needed to attend. We heard them turn their car on to warm up the car throughout the night while we all stayed up till 2am contemplating on leaving! It was so miserable that it would really be hard for me to be convinced in going again although having a jacket would help! Why I did not think of it earlier, once I got the courage to change into sleepwear, I warmed up really quick in my sleeping bag, we all fell asleep pretty quickly and woke up around 7am. That was when we quickly ate breakfast, packed and went back home! My eyes hurt so bad from the cold and I suffered a major headache and earache throughout the rest of the day but once I made it home, showered and warmed up, I was ready to finish the day.

So Saturday afternoon around 3:30, Chris and I went to our first Bees game with Jason and Cassie! We went early to purchase our tickets, park and take the trax up to the Gateway for some California Pizza Kitchen! It was the Bees vs. Albuquerque New Mexico and it was one of the best baseball games I went to! It went into the last inning and we one by one point with only one out to go! It was so fun and Cassie got to purchase a Bee's shirt supporting Breast Cancer :)

No comments: