Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big Changes...

Our first week into the new year has brought some big changes for us but mostly for myself... When I returned to work at HIT Web Design Monday, I had several phone conversations with Chris in regards to work and wither or not I should continue to do so. This was something that Chris and I have been thinking about over the past month as HIT continued to struggle paying their employees. At this point HIT had not paid me for the last month and a half of work and could not pay me when I returned. To be more accurate, the phone conversations between Chris and I were more pep talks to help me build up the courage needed to confront my VP on my 2 week notice that I would be putting in with HR right after I spoke to him. As silly as it may sound, I was so incredibly nervous about the whole thing. I was shaking, sweating, butterflies up the wazoo with crazy cold chills that ran threw my body. I honestly thought my knees would give out on me after hanging up on our last phone call for the day. But I did it, I found my VP before I gave myself the chance to sit back at my desk chickening out and disappointing my husband. So there you have it, I just finished one of my last two weeks of work for I don't know how long. We have received questions from many of our friends and family if I am pregnant do to this change but I have responded with "No, I am not pregnant." This is a time which Chris is in full support of for some "self improvement." I am absolutely terrified of this change as many close people know that I don't like the "unknown." I have always been afraid of the unknown which may be the reason why I take things a little slower even though change has never let me down. It always is a good thing for me so I hope this will be too.

Monday, we also had family home evening with our cousin's Geoffrey and Emily Montague. They came over to our place while Chris offered a small spiritual lesson. We ate dinner at Zupas and came back for some Monopoly playing. It was my first real attempt to play Monopoly since I was a kid and I have to say that I still get bored of the game and wished someone would take over my place before the game ends. Chris was out and then myself leaving our two guests in the lead.

Tuesday, Chris and I were able to catch a visit with Jennifer and her adorable new girl Gwen before they returned to Texas. They were visiting Ryan's family in Orem. I held baby Gwen the whole night while Jennifer and Chris talked Photoshop :)

Throughout the week, Milo has started to loss is baby teethe! His first four teeth fell out on his bottom row and today, two of them are popping through his gums :) Today was also a day that we spent almost the whole day at our friends home in Eagle Mountain. Dustin and Andrea supplied Sub sandwiches and chips while we brought drinks and dessert from Harmons! They were delicious! I wish we brought our camera to capture Milo and little Avery who is now 2 years old! Times flies by so fast... They were definitely center of attention as Milo and Avery played together the entire day :) I do believe we left Avery with a 6 pack lol because she was giggling and laughing non stop while Milo gave her "kisses." It was a very fun week getting together with close friends that we had not seen in a while.

No comments: