Friday, January 21, 2011

My first week at home

Over this past week, Chris and I spent more time visiting Grandma Wilson when we heard that she wasn't doing so well. Fran flew in Tuesday afternoon to see her mother as well. It has been a year now since Helen was diagnosed with bone cancer. She did however have the cancer for a couple years prier from her diagnostic. It has been a difficult year with her health quickly decreasing but she has been a fighter...A real fighter. She loves life and will love life till the end. She pulls out of it each time we think it could be her last week or days with us here on earth. However we do feel it is very close at this point. Helen is only weighing 65 pounds or less now and isn't very mobile. Each time we visit, it has been fun to see her with her fingernails painted and wearing beautiful jewelry to keep her standards of looking her best up to par :)

Wednesday morning, Fran called me up to see if I was still feeling up to going to the temple with her. Grandma was conscious again so Fran felt it was okay to leave her for a few hours. I was so thrilled to be able to go and bring some temple names that my mom had prepared for me to do since we were going to do initiatory work. This was my first time dong initiatory work other than when I went for myself with my mom. Fran and I split the names, her doing 3 and I 4 names. I was grateful for the little wait we had because it gave me more time to read the scriptures and invite the spirit within to emotionally and mentally prepare myself for what I was about to do. During our wait, I reading in D&C, it was chapter 5 I believe when it all hit me and became so very clear to me that what I was now doing was what I am suppose to be doing. It was an answer to my prayers and doubts to wither or not I should be home working on my spiritual, physical growth or work which would help us provide and pay for things that "we need." This was my first time receiving an answer to a prayer through scripture reading with as much power felt. I was able to complete my first two ladies when I needed to move rooms which I ended up moving right behind Fran. It brought a smile to my face when I overheard them talking about the names being for her daughter n laws family. When it was time to move on, the lady put the two of us together with great happiness that we were here at the temple together. By the end of my third name, something special happened and the temple worker paused and softly said, "I love when that happens" I couldn't help but smile unknowingly what it was that just happened. After we were done, the temple workers swapped places and as the one left, she stopped... looked at me and held me while she emotionally said softly, "You, are an amazing person!" It was than that I was brought into tears wondering what it was that came over her prior to us finishing. Was it Heavenly Father speaking threw her knowing that this was something I needed to hear? I had never experienced something so powerfully personal at the temple. I quickly pulled it together knowing I had one more person to complete. Almost making it through again, the lady that replaced the previous temple worker at the end was brought into tears as she looked at me. I couldn't help myself but to reciprocate the tears. Why was everyone getting so emotional, what started it with another temple worker? It was now that I wish I could have known what it was that people saw in me that I more than likely don't see in myself. I was told that I was special and beautiful by several temple workers that day. I loved so much being with the elderly women. I couldn't help myself to know with out a doubt that this was what I need to focus on in my daily life. Afterwords, Fran took me out to lunch at Food For Thought in Draper. We ordered my favorite, some soup and sandwiches! I think it moved up to my top lunch place :) I was so grateful for the answers and spiritual guidance received and to have my mother n law with me.

The following days I just cleaned house top to bottom including Milo :) Today, Fran and I met up again later in the afternoon. Chris worked late so Fran and I went to her TJ Max store up on 3300 S. in SL. We went looking for wall decor for the Lehi home and walked out with new shoes for Fran. Funny, but at least we didn't leave empty handed ;) We then got to go to another favorite place of mine, Paradise Bakery for dinner. This time we were kind enough to bring cookies and a sandwich back for Chris. It was a great first week at home for me. I have been able to work on playing the piano, reading, exercising, spending time with Milo and most importantly being here for Fran during this difficult time.

No comments: