Monday, January 24, 2011

House decorating!

This last weekend was super fun for me! Saturday I started the day off by going to Chelsea Vuyk's baby shower for her boy who should arrive on Valentines Day :) Chelsea and I have been able to get to know each other when she moved desks next to mine at HIT. I wanted to keep working till she was done in Feb. because I new I couldn't keep working their once she left on maternity leave to end up being the only girl left on the team. I had fun shopping for her at Target, I new I would go wanting to purchase everything. I did good and got her some onesies, socks and bottoms for newborn and 3-6 months. We played some fun games and it looked like she got most of everything she may need for baby Vuyk to arrive! When I left, I called Chris to discover that he was still working on some of the contract work he is doing for his boss from EZ Watch Pro. So on my way home last minute, I decided to stop at Osmond Design in Lehi to window shop a bit. I left with a few extra bags in hand...! I couldn't help myself :) I came home to show Chris what I bought with his full support! Chris then joined me while we went on a dinner date at the District and looked at what Hobby Lobby had to offer. What I wanted was not on sale anymore but they had some plats and other little nick nacs on sale that Chris spotted as I was trying to explain to him what it was that I was trying to do for the kitchen. When I checked out, they explained that the iron and wall decor would be on sale next week. So Monday came and I called my neighbor friend up (Dorothy) who originally told me about Hobby Lobby to see if she felt like getting out of the house!? We were going to give her kids (Avery and Wes) a chance to take a nap but right before she was going to come over, her mom showed up. So much to my surprise, Dorothy came kid less? Dorothy's mom was kind enough to stay and babysit the kids to give her a chance to get out and have fun. So we went to Hobby Lobby, I got the iron wall piece for the plates and a wood ledge piece. Afterwords, we quickly discovered how hungry we were and how wonderful a chocolate covered caramel apple would be right about now! We made one last stop to V Chocolates in Orem while bringing one back to Dorothy's mom for watching the kids. I finished off the night with Chris' help decorating our home with all the new things I found over the weekend!

No comments: