Friday, July 3, 2009

Tetanus Shot :(

This week has been a rough week for Chris while fighting a cold. Today our work allowed us all to go home as soon as our department hit there goal! We were all so stoked about it and I new Chris would love to go home early and get the rest he needs. It was a great way to begin the long holiday weekend when we left at 3pm. We called the doctor to find that they were not open on the 3rd but we both lucked out in getting the last available slots for our doctors. Chris got the antibiotics he needed while I had my check up. All was well until my doctor asked when I had my last Tetanus shot! Yuck, if you know me you know that I hate needles and getting shots! I replied not knowing the last time trying to get out of it. She asked if it was within the last 5 years and I replied probably not knowing that it was well over. I have lived in Utah for 6 years and I know it did not happen here. When she told me I was getting the Tetanus shot I told her I would pass, maybe next year. She laughed and told me she was sending in the nurse. I desperately got called my mom before the nurse came in to see if she could tell me when I received my last Tetanus shot in hopes to say that it was in the last 10 years. Sadly enough my mom laughed at me and told me I was over due. I was 12 years old and at that point the nurse was back in the room so I HAD to have it :( I will admit the shot was not bad but the after effects were!

No comments: