Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 Year Anniversary~


This year we kept it pretty simple. With the building of our new home that will be completed soon, we did not have the opportunity to do anything huge...

We had already given each other our gifts lol I know, we are horrible about waiting. Christmas is torturous for us he he he :) None the less, Chris and I were able to enjoy what we got each other a few days early! Chris has been so good at picking out perfume for me and I had ran out of the two bottles I had so he got me some Dolce & Gabbana perfume!!! I LOVE them both so much, best yet! They are called "light blue" and "D&G 3 L'IMPERATRICE" The funny thing is, Chris had bought me my first bottle of perfume for Christmas of 2006 and it happened to be the same one that James bought for Fran shortly after ha ha ha! And then when Annie smelled the bottle light blue, she said that dad bought mom this and we were thinking "Again!" Surely enough this is bottle number 2 that Fran and I have to switch off and on with during events lol. There are times that we both just smell the same ha ha :) Like father like son, they just like the same smells! Speaking of father like son, James collects watches and this is something that Chris wants to do as well. I bought his first really nice one as his wedding gift from me in 2007 which was a black fossil watch with a diamond towards the top of the face and to say the least, James happened to have the exact same one too!!! I don't know what it is! I just have pretty cool in laws!!! I then was able to get his second one this last Christmas in 2008 which had a brown face since I love brown and I had flooded is closet with autumn tons ha ha, but for our anniversary this year, I purchased a beautiful white faced fossil watch that he to LOVED!

We did after all take time to go to dinner at Goodwoods after work today. I loved it! Chris wanted to talk about the last two years of marriage such as what we appreciate most about each other, our funniest moments so far, things we have over come and grown from etc. so we took our time having this moment and freshened our thoughts and feelings of appreciation. When James text me to wish us a Happy Anniversary since he was working in California, I told him about our evening and he replied with, "Marriage can be like a beautiful pair of new shoes. They are pretty and you get lots of compliments but they can pinch and make your feet sore but over time they are comfortable and become a joy to wear all of the time." I loved it and feel that it is so true! Over the last three years of our relationship, I have seen how far we have come and become one. Like, I said, it was simple but lovely and I am happy to say that we are very happily married!!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Happy Anniversary! You are so cute together!