Saturday, August 22, 2009

Uinta trip to Ruth Lake!

Chris and I had a wonderful weekend with our rock climbing friends, Matt and Sarah Nelson. We met up with them right after work to the east side of the Rocky Mountains to a new world of beauty! I could not believe how absolutely lucky we were to live in this incredible state! I have developed more of a love and appreciation for Utah! As we drove through Heber and a few more small towns before entering the Unitas I saw more and more of my home town. There were so many trees and lakes that took me right back to Oregon. So than I thought of the beautiful red rock and the feel of the Oregon coast was right in my own back yard! All I need is the actual coast ha ha I guess I can't have it all!
Once we finished our peaceful drive, we arrived and started our hike in. I was so lucky, Chris was so good to pack everything and leaving me to carry the camelbak. Chris and I were in ah of the beauty! When we made it to Ruth Lake it was picture perfect, it looked as if it was made for a movie! You had the mountains and rock with the surrounding trees and lakes perfectly placed in scattered places around you. We made it right in time to set up camp and get a fire started before the sun went down for the evening. We packed foil dinners full of veggies and potatoes. Matt and Sarah brought some Salmon to share and Matt tried to catch a trout with no luck. We had a great time talking all through the night getting to know each other more and more till we finished off the night with a good nights rest.

I was the first to wake up Saturday morning around 8am so I decided to walk around the lake a bit and returned to Matt fishing again.

The fishing went on till noon, we all took naps after eating breakfast and then Matt finally caught a trout! He got his fix and we all decided to go rock climbing which went on till 4:30. I loved watching everyone climb!

I was so proud of my husband climbing up a 5.10b! It is a fun activity that we started to get into a year ago with Matt but all we have really done was in door climb. This was my first time climbing outdoors so when it was my turn to climb I put on my gear and climbed up half way before I realized that I forgot to change my shoes because I was nervous about not being able to do it! I was going up in my Nike's! I asked if I should climb back down to put my rock climbing shoes on and they were all like, not if your doing it in your Nike's! I thought I would finish up the wall as far as I could and then actually made it all the way up without rock climbing shoes on a 5.9 ha ha! After climbing, we hiked back into camp to gather our things and head out.

On our way back we stopped at Granny's in Heber to spoil ourselves with shakes, fries and a grilled chicken sandwich! Chris and I had so much fun, it was a perfect weekend after a long week of work :) Everyone needs to get away every now and again from the go go go day to day lifestyle we live in. Attached are some pictures of our trip!

































2 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm glad I know your blog address now! It's looks like you had such a great time!

Unknown said...

Alana! I am so impressed with you & your rock climbing skills. Amazing! :)