Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday~


Conference weekend landed on Easter Sunday this year which really helped bring the spirit in the home for this special holiday! As usual, Chris and I spent this weekend with his family at the Draper home! This will be our last time since their home being built in our neighborhood will be ready to close days after my birthday at the end of the month. The whole family has mixed feelings but is over all excited for the change. They all love this home that they have had for the last 6 years now. We all have wonderful memories with holidays, birthday's, Fran's decorating, close friendships, our wedding day and etc. :)

Like last year, Fran and James had an Easter Egg Hunt planned for us kids! I have to admit that I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it haha! It's fun doing kid things! In between Conference sessions Sunday, James and Fran had all of us kids stay downstairs which we did by playing games and pool together before we got the go ahead to run upstairs with our baskets :) After the Egg hunt was over, we had a wonderful Easter dinner made by Fran which included the 24 hour salad I brought hehe! Fran was so kind to share this recipe with me and include me with the holiday meals! It is my all time favorite salad! We did however miss Sara this year :( She has been missed since the Christmas holiday when we all saw her last. It was wonderful to have James in town and to be rejuvenated with the Conference talks spoken this Spring. I have always had a love for Conference since I was in middle school. My parents taught me the importance of the guidance Conference gives to each of us personally. I don't know what I would do without the inspiration these gentleman have for us. Not to mention the family time it creates bringing us all together! Any excuse I can get I will take ;)

No comments: