Friday, April 23, 2010

My 25th Birthday!






For my birthday this year, Chris and I decided to take the day off work! We wanted to go to Vegas for a nice little road trip. Working 11 hours days consistently for who knows how long and San Fransisco being the last getaway that we have taken. We both are in a great need to step out of our day to day work, eat and sleep routine. Last minute, we decided that it would be more stressful with the costs of the yard coming up so rather spending the money on having fun, we decided to put it towards the yard... It all worked out though! Chris and I still took the day off so that we can go to Sprinkler World to take care of getting the sprinkler parts ordered and sketched out and than we went to the Rock place in Lehi. We are wanting to put a fountain in our backyard so we needed to look into some stone for a retaining wall. the rain then came in so Chris and I started heading North to Sandy area. We decided to go to the mall, Chris was so kind to let me "splurge" a little on myself which is normally a big no no during any month of giving. I actually still had my Victoria Secret gift card from my Christmas stocking lol so I used it to get me a couple new bras! After which some of our neighbor friends with the last minute invite given joined us for a Birthday dinner at the India House! It was so good! I had not been there since we went on a double with Jennifer and Ryan Andrus a few years back. After enjoying our wonderful dinner which seemed to be the first time at the India House for everyone else, they all came over to our place for some amazingly fun game time!!! We played Curses, Werewolves and Catch Phrase till midnight with some delicious smoothie drinks made by my wonderful husband! I couldn't have asked for a more entertaining night with our friends.

I am so grateful to our friends for all supporting me on this special day with our last minute decision making! Birthdays are emotional for me. One, I feel I am getting old and two, I am an emotional person. It was hard feeling 25 without having children running around. I always imagined being like my mother. Getting married and having lots of kids at a young age (which she had 3 kids by this time)! I do of course have an amazing husband who takes care of me and has more love for me than anything else in this world who also wants me to be the happiest person I can be. For that, I am grateful! I am so blessed to have a wonderful relationship that consists of respect and patience for one another. I love being in a home that consists of peace and positive feelings!

No comments: