Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blessings and a Promotion!

While so many companies are trying to survive the terrible economy over the last year, Chris and I continue to give thanks for our many blessings. Chris and I have so much to be grateful for and we know that our Father in Heaven is looking out for us and our families. I can't help but notice all the wonderful opportunities that have come our way up to this point in our lives.

After I was let go at Central last September due to the difficulty of the auto industry surviving the economy drop and an instant rehire from HIT the day after, Chris and I have survived the lay offs and Chris has received two promotions over this last year. Last December Chris was promoted from Team Lead to a Supervisor and we just found out today that Chris is being promoted to a Management position over the design department. This new position brings us both joy and a new level of security as we both seek to plan out the next year but it also brings challenges to Chris' new position with the continued struggle through this difficult economy. I know that Chris has much preparation as he begins to clean up areas of the design department but I want him to know that I am so proud of him! We both continue to pray that HIT will be able to succeed through this economical struggle and that Chris will soon feel the blessings that this promotion can bring into both our lives.

This also means that Chris moved back to the department I work in. Last time he was a supervisor so I was still able to report to the manager while everyone else reported to Chris but now we do not have that option. Even then, HR did not like how close we worked together having a husband work over his wife but the company is still not wanting to move me from the design department at this time. We will wait and see if changes arise for me in the future but for the mean time I remain completing the tasks for the design department while I continue reporting to Lance who was moved to cover a special project for the company.

While all these changes have happened, Chris and I continue to be thankful for the opportunity to build a beautiful home together and receive the 8k from the government and recent news of an extra 4k from the state! As we prepare ourselves for a new chapter, we see and have seen in the past how things fall into place as we trust in the Lord. No matter how things work out since they never go as planned, Chris and I know that we will always be okay and we will always have each other!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

What blessings. Security is a blessing that many people overlook. Congrats on the promotion. I see the companies holdup with husband and wife working together. I guess you can say you sleep with the boss. It will be interesting to see what they choose to do.

So lucky on the house and all the goverment kickback. I wish we had that with our house.