Saturday, September 19, 2009

Good times~

Friday night I had the pleasure of meeting up with old girlfriends from Oregon! Jennifer Andrus picked me up from work and I noticed right off the directions to Jennifer Long's place due to her living near where we are building our home! In fact they are in the Pilgrim's Landing 2nd ward and we are in the 1st ward, well at least until January when everyone from Thanksgiving Point is moved into our newly built chapel! With the thought of our new home, Jennifer wanted to see our place since she has been away all summer long. Afterwords, we arrived at Jennifer Long's place and played with little Cohen while chatting and catching up! I loved having this opportunity to hang out with some girl friends and discovered that this is a much needed thing for us all but I needed to cut the night short since Chris and I also had my older brother Tyrel with Jessi and baby Ty over to stay the night with us!!! I love having them over and spending time with family! It was the cutest thing playing with my nephew all night and watching him watch Daddy and uncle Chris play pool :) This has been my favorite stage with little Ty! I can't wait to be a mommy some day and receive the blessing of having little children in our home! The good news is, we get to have them over for the next two weekends!!!! Jessi is doing really good! We painted each other's toes because she is 7 months pregnant and it gets a little difficult to paint your own if you know what I mean ;)

Since we all stayed up till after 1am, Chris and I did not get the early start that we had hoped for but we were able to show Tyrel and Jess our home with the new cabinets and counter tops that were installed over the last week! Afterwords we split ways so that Chris and I could get a few hours of work in while Tyrel & Jess went to some yard sales around Draper. Once they were finished we met in Provo to hang out and grab a bite to eat before the BYU game started. At that point, Chris and I went back to RC Willey to purchase our new refrigerator! We were really pleased to get the Labor Day sale on it too! We then headed back up North to the South town mall to pick up some new slacks for Chris and ran into more deals! They were already on sale so we purchased three new pair and when we checked out, the cashier had a coupon for an additional $20 off! It was quit the day and if it wasn't enough, we decided to stop in at Furniture Row to look at some couches because we were not 'totally' pleased with RC Willey's selection. We looked like a couple silly kids plopping on all the couches that looked appealing but needed a test of comfort ha ha :) and then we came across a couple package deals that they had going on that ended this weekend. They were so good that we had a hard time passing it up but there was no need for all the tables that came with it and I was not "in love" with the couches. I asked if there were any more deals and the salesman said that there was a package deal for a couch and love seat but they only had the one color option, so I took a look and ended up loving them! Chris and I also loved the color! The salesmen over heard me say that I would rather have two couches of a love seat so he said that he would only charge an additional $30 to exchange the love seat for another couch and you know what that meant!?! We could not pass up the crazy deal and were SOLD!!!! So here we are! We have been blessed with running into all these sales that has enabled us to purchase much of what we need to furnish our home!

2 comments:

Lurlyn said...

Congrats! Buying furniture is fun and can be a little daunting. I never realized how expensive stuff was!! Most of our stuff has come off of craigslist ;)

Cherise said...

Yeah! I am so glad you commented on my blog, so I was able to find yours. I love your new house (beautiful). How fun it is to build and make things look better. I'm glad to gear you are doing well. Are you working anywhere?