Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hike to Timpanogos Cave

Over the last couple months during the process in building our home, Chris and I have been able to get to know our neighbors who have already moved into the neighborhood or are also building! It has been so fun for us and we are even more excited to move in! Derek and Stephanie are one of the couples building just a couples houses from ours and we have been able to become good friends with them. So two days ago we thought it would be fun to hike up to the Timpanogos Caves over the Labor day weekend. Derek has not gone since he was just a kid and the other three of us have never been, or Chris just could not remember them if he had.

Chris and I were a little nervous about how the weather would turn out but we decided to give it a try and if it rains then it rains on us. So I went prepared and chose a dark shirt just in case ;) We started the day early and picked up Derek and Stephanie to car pool. It turned out to be perfect hiking weather because it was nice and cool out! Stephanie and I had a great time chatting and the same went with Chris and Derek. We were entertained by the excitement Stephanie had about the different rock. Once we made it to the caves, the temperature dropped to 45* so I was so grateful to have me new hiking pants and jacket with me!!! I have been wanting some hiking pants for quit sometime now so when Chris said we were going to REI for dome pants for me I was so happy! Chris and I love to be outdoors so my pants will come to great use!!!

The caves were a great experience for me! Very educational and fascinating! I loved it but next time Chris and I will need to summit Timpanogos :) Afterwords, We all went to grab a bite to eat and then Chris and I went to shop for a king size mattress for our new bed frame that we purchased! It was so funny because Chris sounded like a mattress pro! Out of the blue, Chris asked one of his coworkers if they new anything about mattresses and he had actually sold mattresses for 3 years before he came to HIT. So we had all the info we needed to get a good mattress and not get ripped off. So we got a stealing deal for a great mattress at Denver Mattress!!! What a perfect day and start for an exciting Labor day weekend!

No comments: