Monday, September 14, 2009

Exciting Mail!


Yesterday Chris was looking through the mail from what we received over the weekend and he started getting excited for me because it was in regards to my school loan for Cosmetology. It was a small monthly bill every month that was automatically pulled and we did not even notice it so Chris was not worried about getting it paid but I hated having it. When we looked into building our home I was reminded of it and I was able to see how much I had left to pay. When I discovered that it was a little over $800 or so I told Chris that I wanted to just pay it all off. He said it is no big deal but if I wanted we could before we close on the home. Again, I forgot all about it but now here we are with the fantastic news!!! We are now just weeks before we close and we receive a letter that says they are waiving the last $700 and closing it out because I never gave them any late fees or something! So I guess they reword people who always pay the bills ha ha! I am just so happy I did not pay the rest of it a couple months ago and listened to my husband!

Other exciting news is the tile (entry way and kitchen) and vinyl (both bathrooms and mud room) are completed today!!! The cabinets are to be delivered tomorrow for installation on Wednesday!!! I can't tell you how giddy I am over the tile and vinyl :) Chris and I both thought we remembered our tile being more cream with a little bit of brown and we had no idea what the vinyl looked like but the tile was darker then we thought which makes us so happy and the vinyl looks fabulous! So we did 18 inch tile in the kitchen and the 12 inch in the entry way, above are pictures of the entrance from the front door and then the entrance from the garage into the mud/laundry room so you have an idea what they look like!

4 comments:

Sarah Larsen said...

That's so nice!! PS Thanks for sharing your blog!

Maren and Blake said...

I wish they would forgive our home mortgage. I mean, it is a little more than $700, but we are consistent with payments. Wouldn't that be nice.

The tile looks so nice.

Whitchurch Family said...

Ha ha Maren!!! I guess we can't win them all but I would be all over that if they could forgive a mortgage lol :)

Alexis said...

I would have been so excited too! It's so nice to be able to pay off debt. Your house looks so nice. I love the colors you chose. I can't wait to see more pictures.