Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet and Sour~

Thursday Chris and I received notice that Grandma Wilson has Multiple Melanoma Bone Cancer. She is in excruciating pain and that it has already filled most of her body.... Unfortunately for Chris' side of the family, this means that we will not have her with us for much longer. Fran being the wonder mother that she is, has been so good at reminding us of our grandparents and has kept us updated on their birthdays, health situations, etc. This has allowed Chris and I to stay in touch via phone calls and or visits to both Grandma Whitchurch and Grandma and Grandpa Wilson when they need to be remembered and or recognized. So Friday night, Aaron came with Chris and I to visit our dear grandmother. I have to say that this was one visit that I did not wish to end :( Grandpa was excited to show us the metal and certificate received from the Federal Government in honer of his service in the Navy in World War 2! He went on with several stories that had happened back in the day including his rivalry High School days! I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and was happy to see that grandma was not feeling to much pain that evening. I was grateful for this time we spent with them both and grateful to see that they were thrilled to have us surprise them with a visit on a Friday night!

Today was another day of sleeping in, grocery shopping, window shopping at some antique/home decor shops near by and visiting with Chris' family before Chris dropped me back off at home on his way down to Provo for some Texas Holdem playing with the guys! It was all for fun with the prize of a Best Buy gift card for the winner. I guess a friend of Chris' from work does this on the first Sat. of every month with a turn out of 20-50 people and it looks like Chris will be going again next month with how much fun he had socializing with the "guys" :) I on the other hand did not know what to do with myself, so I turned up the music and sang on the top of my lungs since no one was around to hear me while I decided to trim up my layers and curl my hair for the first time since I cut it short almost 2 years ago! I then decided to make Chris some more of my bean dip that he loves for his return 4 hours later! It was okay though cause he still text me throughout the evening which meant to me that I was still on his mind :) I also got to web cam my family! It was a joy because my family has been working on playing the piano since they purchased one last December! I loved hearing and seeing Abby play with BOTH hands to "The Chariot of Fire" music!!! I could not believe how quickly she learned the first part with no music at all. I guess our Uncle Brett (dad's brother) has been teaching her when he visits on Saturdays. She has picked up hearing the music just like our daddy! All in all it was a good evening and I got to "see" my family!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go visit grandma and grandpa! I wish I lived closer, so I could so how they were doing more often.

Whitchurch Family said...

Thanks, we are going back this week. I just can't imagine Grandma and Grandpa separated and think that Grandpa will need us to visit even more so I am making it a weekly goal for us! I hate the thought that we can't "part" with our spouses at the same time :( Knowing that one will leave the other is not something I am looking forward to.... I wish you guys lived closer as well but I know how you feel. I haven't lived close to my family for 6 years :( How are you guys doing! I still can't get to your blog because Chris doesn't tell me when we get the invite lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. That is aweful.

I love to sing on the top of my lungs when I'm by myself too! I just wish that it sounded good enough for other people to want to listen too:)!!!