Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthday Celebrations!

This month is a popular month for birthdays in the Wester family! Tues. the 9th was my mother's 48th birthday and my older brother Tyrel had his 27th birthday yesterday, Wed. the 10th! These are two very special people to me who I am very grateful to have in my family. Tyrel has always been a brother who looked out for me throughout my entire life. From the very beginning my mother told us that Tyrel would walk me to my primary class hand in hand to make sure I did not get lost or scared as I was super shy growing up and that was how our friendship was for the following years. I don't feel that Tyrel was ever embarrassed to have me around with his friends up through our High School years etc. Tyrel was a brother that I admire in the sense that he is so loving and kind to everyone that he is in contact with. I can't remember a single moment throughout my life that Tyrel was ever mad or caused a fight with anyone. He was one who always tried breaking up any tension in our home.

Many of these traits come from my mother. My mom is the sweetest, most even tempered person I have ever known. All my life I have always remembered my mom to be a frequent Temple attendee which always made me want to do my best to have the home be a nice "merging" environment for her when she came home. If it wasn't and us kids were not getting along. I remember it being hard to return after having such a peaceful warm and wonderful experience. My mom is a mother that I hope to be like some day when I have children to raise of my own. She was all of our best friends and her family and the Gospel are the most important things in her life. Her soft heart who always gave and gave made it near impossible to ever raise our voices at her or talk back at her during the teenage years. This was a huge blessing to me. During the years that most children pull away from their parents. I grew closer and closer to my mother not wishing to replace our friendship with any other girlfriend or boyfriend for that matter. So, today I wish again for the happiest of happy birthdays to both my Mom and Brother!

No comments: