Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yay for Surprise Visits!

I received a call from my brother Tyrel after church with the hopes that he and his cute little family could visit us and see our home before they returned to Oregon! Jessi had not seen our newly built home since she had just had Harli days before when my family came for Thanksgiving. Without hesitation of course we accepted their last of the minute notification to come down for a BBQ, games and etc.

When they arrived, I couldn't believe how much Harli and little Man had grown! It was such a joy for Chris and I to have these cute little kids in our home! The food was amazing as Chris pulled out our new BBQ grill which I love! I loved watching and seeing my brother be a father to his two children as Ty got into things and did what 2 year old's do! My brother was as patient and kind as he has always been. Yet when little Ty needed a timeout, I was so impressed to see how my brother talked to his child about why he was in timeout before letting him play again with the gentle and patient voice that he has. I want to have those traits as a parent, it was a perfect example for me.

Later on Chris' sisters, Annie and Britt came over to also see my Niece and Nephew. Britt loved holding baby Harli the whole time while we all watched a movie! I can't believe how lucky I am to have the love and support of both families! It wasn't till around 11pm that all left and I loved every minute of their time! I am going to miss them :( I love having family time and children in the home...

No comments: